SMOTHERED GREEN BEANS
- 5 (15-oz) cans green beans, drained
- 1 lb bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour drained green beans in an ungreased 9×13-inch pan.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost done but not too crispy. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towel and chop. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of green beans.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce and garlic powder. Pour over green beans.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.